13th October, 2021 | Comments
The Management of Al-Istiqama University Sumaila (AUSU) has approved the following guidelines for students to strictly adhere to:
All students are expected to present evidence of payment to the Students Affairs Officer for onward allocation of hostel accommodation.
• Students should not in anyway transfer their rooms or squat in any room besides the room allocated to him/her officially.
Electric stoves, kerosene stoves are not allowed but students may use 3kg to 5kg (maximum) gas cylinders.
Cooking should strictly be done in the kitchenette; it is a serious offense to cook in the room.
• Drugs, intoxicating substances, alcoholic drinks, cigarettes etc. are NOT allowed into the University. However, a student may be allowed to take medication upon presentation of authentic prescription from a recognized hospital/clinic.
• Use of electric iron is prohibited; students may only use electric iron when the source of power is from the National Grid (KEDCO).
• Students of Al-Istiqama University must dress decently all through in accordance with provisions of the University Acceptable Dress Code and Ethics of the University: female Muslim students must always wear Hijab, or head cover and long sleeve shirt and long skirt that stretches to the ankles if they are non-Muslims.
• Bushy hairs, immoral haircut, tattoos, tattered trouser, armless shirt and all sorts of skimpy dresses are prohibited.
• Use of dark glasses is not allowed except on medical grounds.
• Heavy makeup, expensive jewelleries are not allowed.
Sharp objects and all kinds of weapons are not allowed into the University.
• Drawings, writings on walls in the rooms, corridors, common rooms, toilets and laundries or any wall/structures of the University are strictly prohibited.
• Pasting of posters and bills on walls or any other structure of the University is prohibited.
• Sharing of bed for pleasure or sleeping is not allowed.
• Students are not allowed to use radio or any form of music transmitter that would disturb others.
• Birthday party, Get-together and other social gatherings must be approved by the Management of the University before they are conducted.
• Exchange of words and quarrels (abusive) are not allowed
• Vandalizing any University facilities i.e. chairs, beds, electric appliances etc. are strongly prohibited.
• Staying long outside the hostel are not allowed.
• Students should not be away from their hostels except for genuine reasons
• Relationship/gathering of boys and girls after 6:00pm is not allowed.
• Students are advised to desist from establishing any form of unauthorized associations.
• Visits to opposite sex hostels are completely prohibited.
Students are expected to come along with toiletries, buckets, bed sheets, blankets, mosquito nets etc. for their personal use.
PLEASE BE GUIDED.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.