Applicants to undergraduate programs may receive scholarships subject to their JAMB or O-LEVEL (WAEC/NECO) results as announced by the Board of Trustees of Nile University of Nigeria (“NILE”). For the 2022/2023 academic session, scholarships would be offered based on the following criteria:
Jamb Scores Discount (%)
- 240 – 10%
- 260 – 20%
- 280 – 30%
- 300 – 40%
WAEC Scores Discount (%)
*All Undergraduate Programs EXCEPT Law & Medicine
320 above + 6 A1 will be offered 100% scholarship
*NOTE: WAEC/JAMB results should be present year’s result
- First class graduates of NILE (undergraduate programs) will be eligible for a 50% scholarship (excluding Ph.D.).
- NILE graduates (undergraduate programs) with degrees other than first class will be eligible for a 20% scholarship (excluding Ph.D.). Postgraduate alumni of NILE (applicants who hold a postgraduate degree from NILE) returning for another postgraduate degree at NILE are eligible for a 20% scholarship
Students with outstanding performance in sports at the national or professional level will get up to a 100% scholarship for undergraduate studies if they take part in the NILE team.
Guidelines on Scholarships
- Undergraduate applicants will only be allowed to use either JAMB or O-LEVEL results for the above-referenced scholarships. O-LEVEL results shall be either WAEC or NECO.
- Applicants for undergraduate programs with both JAMB scores of 320 and above + O-LEVEL of 6 A’s would be eligible for a 100%.
- Recipients of undergraduate scholarships must maintain a minimum average CGPA of 3.50 to keep their scholarship in each new session.
- Recipients of scholarships must not be involved in any act of misconduct or contravene NILE’s regulations.
- Scholarships are limited to quotas as decided by the management of NILE and will be accessible on a first come first serve basis.
NILE reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship offered should the need arise.
1. Parents will get the following SIBLING discount if they have more than one child in NILE.
- 2 children – 5%
- 3 children – 10%
- 4 children – 15%
- 5 children and above – 20%
- Siblings must share a common biological parent.
- The discount will apply to each sibling in the current academic session and be valid for the normal duration of studies.
2. Institutions or bodies sponsoring applicants to NILE’s Postgraduate
programs will receive the following INSTITUTION discounts for students enrolling within the current academic session:
- 5– 10 = 10%
- 10 – 20 = 15%
- 20 and above = 20%
Board of trustees discounts & scholarships
The Board of Trustees of NILE considers other applications for discounts and scholarships based on the merit of each submission and other discretionary criteria. These discounts or scholarships are subject to quotas as defined by the Board of Trustees. For the 2022/2023 academic session, some of the established criteria are:
- The best graduating students of NILE per faculty in the preceding academic session (2021/2022) would receive a 100% scholarship to pursue any postgraduate degree of their choice at NILE while the 2nd and 3rd best graduating students will receive 50% discounts. These offers will be valid for up to 1 year after the completion of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program.
APPLICANTS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED FOR DISCOUNTS OR SCHOLARSHIPS UNDER MORE THAN ONE CRITERIA. WHERE APPLICANTS ARE ELIGIBLE UNDER MULTIPLE CONDITIONS, APPLICANTS MUST APPLY UNDER THE OPTION THAT OFFERS THE HIGHEST DISCOUNT OR SCHOLARSHIP. THERE SHALL BE NO SUBSTITUTES THEREAFTER.
DISCOUNTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS DO NOT APPLY TO HOSTEL FEES
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.