If you’re an international student from a member state of the African Union and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,500, paid as a discount on your first year’s tuition fee.
Awards will be made based on grades obtained in your undergraduate degree, so all applications for relevant courses will automatically be considered.
About University of Essex
We are Essex: home to the daring and the tenacious, a place for the ambitious and the bold. We’re a close-knit, supportive and welcoming community, with a powerful and pioneering global outlook. With over 15,500 students from more than 147 different countries, making us one of the most internationally diverse universities on the planet – you’ll find the world in one place here at Essex. Ranked as 22nd in The Times Good University Guide 2018, we’re proud to have provided excellence in research and excellence in education for over 50 years. At Essex you’re taught by… read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Essex scholarship is going on.
University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship
£4,000 paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Requirements for University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
You must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for the University of Essex Scholarships for Africans;
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely selffunded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see below for the definition of ordinary residence) in a member state of the African Union.
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree (this includes integrated Masters degrees) with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, MRES and LLM degree and start in October 2023 and January 2024.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 14 July 2023 (for October 2023 start) or 13 October 2023 (for January 2024 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study at Essex only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
*Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Country Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: 2:1, or CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
September 30, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Essex on www.essex.ac.uk to apply
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be considered for this award. You don’t need to complete an application form. The University will assess your eligibility based on your country of domicile and fee status that you submit on your application for your place at Essex.
For more details visit: University of Essex website.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.