APRI seeks to recruit a consultant as Senior Research Fellow based in either Ghana or Nigeria. The successful candidate will spearhead a research project to understand the key actors, policy context, barriers, and enablers at the nexus of green technology and youth employment in three African countries. The project will analyse the youth’s roles in this space and tease out what inhibits or drives their contribution to innovation. It will offer recommendations for how policymakers, young innovators, and other stakeholders can leverage the technological innovations that already exist in the continent for job creation among the youth. APRI does not pay relocation fee/allowance.
About Africa Policy Research Institute (APRI)
APRI – Africa Policy Research Institute is a Berlin-based, independent, non-partisan policy institute researching key policy issues affecting the African continent. APRI has three main program areas: economy & society, technology, and climate change. The Economy & Society Program seeks to understand situations in African countries as they are – before looking for how to improve them. It focuses on how African bureaucracies work, why policymakers make the choices they make, and the constraints governments and private sector actors face…. read more… read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Africa Policy Research Institute (APRI) scholarship is going on.
Senior Green Tech Research Fellowship
Requirements for Senior Green Tech Research Fellowship Qualification
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in climate or technological policy analysis
- Good network with policymakers and civil society organisations working on climate change issues
- Graduate degree in a relevant field
- Extensive knowledge of green technology issues as they affect Africa
- Prior work on green technology and or youth employment is highly desired
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, including the ability to work with datasets
- Ability to think strategically to execute and articulate the big picture independently
- Independent research and consultancy profile, proven through research outputs and policy recommendations
- Excellent oral and written command of English
June 21, 2023
How to Apply
To apply, please send a single pdf document containing the following to [email protected]: your CV; a brief statement of interest; a writing sample that includes clear policy recommendations in the field of green technology/climate change; and a financial offer quoted at a monthly rate.
Please include: “Senior Green Tech Research Fellow” in the subject line.
APRI is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified candidates to submit their applications. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with underrepresented perspectives in policy debates.
For more details, visit APRI website.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.