Applications are now being accepted for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for the 2023/2024 academic year. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program aims to fund top-tier postdoctoral applicants from around the globe who can contribute positively to Canada’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Every year, 70 fellowships are awarded under this program, with approximately 140 awards active at any given time. The fellowships are equally distributed among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The main goals of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program are to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally.
- Foster the development of their leadership potential.
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
The fellowship is valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. Note that no additional funds are provided for travel or research.
The following individuals are eligible to apply:
- Canadian citizens.
- Permanent residents of Canada.
- Foreign citizens.
However, these applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
- Applicants to the 2023-24 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfil or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024 (inclusively), and before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2024.
Applicants must prepare and submit their applications. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete, including ensuring that all host institution documents and referee assessments have been submitted.
For application guidelines, click here.
For more information about the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, visit the official website.
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to advance your postdoctoral research under the prestigious Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The deadline for applications is September 20, 2023. Act now and get your applications ready!
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.