A video shared online shows the moment a gas explosion occurred in a hostel at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka while a student of the school was on Facebook Live. In the Facebook live video, the student could be seen gushing over her natural hair when the explosion suddenly rocked the building.
The incident which occurred on Tuesday, October 5 at the El-Shaddai lodge, led to the death of a female student. It was gathered that one of the occupants of the room was making popcorn when the gas exploded.
An eyewitness said while some of those who lived in the lodge were able to remove some of their properties, others weren’t as the fire spread so fast. Firefighters were also said to have responded on time.
Another Facebook user, Mazi Michaels Orlukwu-Nyesom Nwadibia Udochukwu revealed that the body of one of the students who was trapped after the incident was discovered in the evening.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.