The Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) School of Health Information Management (SHIM) is thrilled to announce the commencement of sales of forms for admission into its 2-year National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The School of Health Information Management, being Nigeria’s and Africa’s premier Health Information Management Training School, was established as a Monotechnic by the Lagos University Teaching Hospital Act, to train middle-level personnel in Health Information Management. We have enjoyed full accreditation by the National Board of Technical Education (NBTE) since 2005 for both the ND and HND Programmes. Also, the School is fully accredited by the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN).
ND Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission into the ND programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Five (5) Credit Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry and/or Physics and any other subject in not more than two (2) sittings.
- Prospective ND candidates are expected to have sat for the Unified Tertiary Institutions Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtained the prescribed cut-off mark for a particular admission year.
- Post-Jamb Screening will be conducted at the School Hall/the Human Resources Center for prospective ND candidates.
HND Admission Requirements
For eligibility into the HND programme, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Five (5) O’Level Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry and/or Physics, and any other subject in not more than two (2) sittings.
- A National Diploma Certificate in Health Information Management with a grade not below Lower Credit from an NBTE-accredited institution.
- Evidence of completion of one (1) year of Industrial/Clinical Attachment from a reputable health institution.
- A functional email.
- A written Test and Oral Interview will be conducted for candidates intending to pursue HND at the School Hall/Human Resources Center.
How to Apply
The application is straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Visit the Admission Portal at https://luth.gov.ng/schools/ and select your preferred school.
- Fill out the Account Creation Form, providing accurate information and a working email address.
- Upon account creation, you will receive an email with your login details.
- Pay the application fee of N10,000. You can make the payment immediately or later following the instructions provided.
- After successful payment, visit https://luth.gov.ng/profile/, log in with the user ID provided in the email to complete the Application Form for the desired programme.
Note: Applicants must print out their completed online application bio-data, which is sent to their email after application completion. Short-listed applicants will be required to present this during the entrance examination.
The LUTH SHIM provides a unique opportunity for prospective students to equip themselves with the relevant skills and knowledge in Health Information Management. The application process closes six (6) weeks from the date of this publication. Therefore, interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
For further enquiries, you may reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08126843334. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Apply today!
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.