The University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) in Kwara State, Nigeria, has officially announced that the post of Bursar will be vacant effective from 1st November, 2023. With this, the institution has begun the process of appointing a new Bursar, in line with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No. 11 of 1993, as amended by Act No. 25 of 1996 and the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act 2012.
Applications are now open for the role, and the university is actively seeking suitably qualified applicants to apply.
The Role and Duties
The Bursar, who will serve as the University’s Chief Financial Officer, will have direct responsibility to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration and control of the institution’s financial affairs on a day-to-day basis. The selected candidate will also provide crucial advice and support to the University Management on all financial transactions, including investments.
Eligible candidates must hold an honours degree from a recognised university in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field. Applicants should also have membership of at least one of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), England, Wales, Scotland, or Ireland
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA)
Applicants should be in good health, possess sound judgment, have a pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity, and be proficient in ICT. Candidates should have served at a level of Deputy Bursar in a University for a minimum of five (5) years, and should not be older than 60 years at the date of appointment.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years, with salary and other conditions of service as approved for Bursars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of the University of Ilorin.
How to Apply
To apply, interested candidates are required to submit 25 copies of their applications and curriculum vitae to the Registrar. The Curriculum Vitae should include the following information in the specified order:
- Full Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- State of Origin/LGA:
- Permanent Home Address:
- Current Postal Address:
- E-mail Address and Phone Number:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children (with Names and Ages):
- Institutions Attended (with Dates):
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (with Dates):
- Honors, Distinctions, and Membership of Professional Bodies (with Dates):
- Working Experience with Evidence (General and Specific with Dates):
- Present Employment, Status, Salary & Employer:
- Extra-Curricular Activities:
- Any Other Relevant Information
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees (two of whom must be Professionals or authorities in University administration, and one of which must be from the applicant’s current place of work)
Applications and CVs, clearly marked “Application for the Post of Bursar” should be forwarded in a sealed envelope to the Registrar, University of Ilorin, P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin, Kwara State, no later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Each applicant should request their referees to send their report, under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar, marked “Referee’s Report for the post of Bursar”.
The University of Ilorin will then invite only shortlisted applicants for the interview.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information purpose only and may contain data fetched from third party sources; hence, we do not endorse its accuracy. For more details, kindly visit the Source. Please report any fake news or false statement to Our Support Team. If you are the original owner of this content and wish it to be removed on this platform, kindly forward your request to Our Support Team.